Monday, May 5, 2003

This is long...

Ok I have to say that the Gatlinburg trip was one of the worst trips I have EVER been on in my life. It was gross. The hotel was a piece of crap, Dollywood sucks, and i'm just as sick as I was before I got medicine, which was LAST monday. Ahhh our hotel was disgusting. We had black vinyl chairs, hard beds, and to top it off, we had 2 plastic cups in the cup holder which were used. Yeah, they had purple and other colors of liquid in them. Mrs. Rose is almost like the devil. The woman came back to the back of our bus and took the rubber bands away from the 6th graders and goes "Do anymore of you have any rubber bands????" and stormed up to the front. She told me, Casey, Jesse, Anne, Kristyn, and Callie to do something with our chorus dresses and all and to meet at the place to watch Girl's chorus sing and everything and then it turns out shes wrong. We sang and I had to lead everybody out onto the risers cause I was the last one on the top row, I felt special out of 50 something people lol. And then when we were all done with singing, it had started to rain, so me and Casey ran to the hotel in our dress and all and ran to get pizza cause it was suppose to be there at 11 and it didnt get there till 2:30. I hadn't eaten since 6 that morning.

And then after that we went out in Gatlinburg and went shopping. And I went into my Irish shop and I got another ring, and then I got Adam a redneck shirt (haha) and I got myself a purse, and something from Dollywood. Ok I saw this purse while we were getting water and I kept staring at it and it came in 4 different sizes, so I couldnt resist getting one. It looks like my straw purse with the wooden handles from Khols with the hibiscus flowers on it. But this one has like bamboo handles and its dark blue with hibiscus flowers all over it. It's SO cute.

Well anyway I have to say the best thing about the whole trip was Hard Rock and Dixie Stampede. We ate at Hard Rock on Friday night and on the way we got mooned by some awful teenage guys (long story, go ask Jillian she'll give you details lol). And anyway we could get 6 different things there, and then the whole time they blasted music and showed the videos and we sang along with em, it was great lol. And then on the way back to the hotel, John said he'd seen nuns earlier that day and then me and Casey and her mom saw Omish people earlier that day too! We saw them on the other side of the sidewalk and there were some men with long beards and they were actually wearing color, it was funny, and then the women had bonnets on and they all were pointing at things in amazement, it was quite an experience. Now I can say i've seen Omish people before lol. Oh by the way, I think Omish is spelled with an A, not sure though. But anyway....

Well then the next day we went and ate at TGIF's for breakfast, which was continental and they had bagels and danish's and fruit. It was good to me, but alot of people were complaining that they didnt like that stuff and that they wanted like eggs and stuff and I was like dude, take what you get, there are alot of people in this town who i'm sure would think that that food was a feast. And besides on the schedule it said Continental, that means basic, not a full out eat every breakfast food known to man. Sorry, blowing off a little steam, there will be more of that to come later. Well then we went and drove for an hour back to Knoxville for our last competition, and there were alot less of us since alot of people left, which I still dont see why people would come for one day and then leave. But anyway once again I had to lead everyone on the risers, but first Mrs. Wortman told me to get everyone in riser formation and then to be lined up at the door when she came back cause she had to conduct everyone else. Well no one was listening or anything and everyone was dancing around and talking and what not, so finally I just yelled as loud as I could, "OK EVERYONE GET IN RISER FORMATION RIGHT NOW AND LINE UP AT THE DOOR BECAUSE I'M NOT GONNA GET YELLED AT!" And then everyone stopped and some of the guys were going Ooooo and Braden walked up to me and just had a blank look on his face and just stared me in the face and started clapping lol. So then everyone got in order and we were ready. I swear everyone in that class does not pay attention, no one does anything that there told to do. I will be SO happy when i'm out of that class.

Well anyway we changed on the bus and went back and got to Dollywood at like 1:30 or 2. And everyone was starving so it was me, Christin, Allison, Megan W and Megan G and Jillian. Well I was getting Casey to go with us cause she wanted to ride rides too, but we were walking in and I was screaming her name and she couldnt hear me so I walked on in and everyone was following behind and I was like ok, she'll be behind us and i'll find her. No. Couldn't find her. So we went on cause it was either find her by myself, or lose everyone else I was with, so I went with everyone else. And then later I found out that her and her mom looked for me for an hour and I felt like crap. So we were looking for somewhere to eat and we found this little sandwich shop and Jillian and Megan kept walking, at the time we didnt know why either. But anyway they gave us an 8$ lunch ticket and oh yeah the sandwich itself was 6.59. And that DID NOT include a drink. But it came with chips and a cookie. So the 4 of us ate and then we went to the TN Tornado and the line looked long, but it never stopped moving, so we got to ride in like 8 mins or so and it was great. That was the best ride of the day. And then we went and stood in line for another coaster, but that one was crap, it was more like a look and watch ride, not a real coaster. But anyway the entire time we were at Dollywood all I hear from Allison is I wanna go home, I wanna see Joseph, I wanna go home, I wanna ride a water ride, I wanna ride a water ride. So we find a stupid water ride and I didnt ride for the sheer fact that I didnt wanna be wet all day. So I sat and waited and they come out later soaked and Allison's shorts are soaked on the back so her butt's wet. Then for the rest of the day all I hear about is that her butt's wet and she wants her shorts to dry. She was the one who WANTED to go on the ride cause that was all she could talk about and then when she actually rides it and gets wet, which she knew she would, she complains about it. Well i'm sorry I dont wanna hear her crap anymore cause she whines more than anyone i know.

So then Christin and Megan got funnel cakes and we waited why they ate and then we went and rode the tiltor world, u know like at Lake Winnie? And then we went and rode the train, then we went and saw a Magic show, and that was fun cause the guy was funny. And just so you know, Casey said she saw 8 mullets at Dollywood alone (haha). And then by that time it was almost time to go. And u know the whole time i'm dying to go to Ireland cause it's Ireland, why wouldnt I wanna go? Well that was what we walked into when we first got there, so I was like ok we can do whatever yall want, just let me go to Ireland as the last thing on the way out. So we go and i'm basically running to get there cause it's 7 and we have to leave by 7:15-7:30. I finally get there and go to the cart that I saw earlier with all the Irish stuff, and ya know what? Who coulda guessed! It was CLOSED. Everything Irish was CLOSED. The park doesnt close until 9. I kinda wondered around with a blank stare on my face for a while trying not to cry cause that was the only reason I wanted to come on the trip. That was why I was excited. Then Megan told me that Krissy found a Celtic Heritage cart a little ways down that she took me to and I bought a doll there. And we got back on the bus and I sat down and cried. I was so upset. Everyone else got to do what they wanted to do, except me. I felt wonderful. I cried all the way to Dixie Stampede and I could of cried some more if we hadn't gone inside.

Well anyway the Dixie Stampede was the best of everything there. They take you in for 2 pictures, which you can buy during the show. And it was the 6 of us again like it was during the first part of Dollywood. And then we went in and it was so crowded and 4 guys were playing the guitar and singing and stuff and we didnt know where we were, but i think it was just to entertain everyone until we could go into the actual arena place. So then we go in and we were on the North side (ugh, well I thought that at first). Ok for all of you who don't know what the Dixie Stampede is, it's a restaurant/show from the Civil War and you sit on the North or South side and they have a show and play games to see which side wins and each row you sit in has a waiter and there dressed in a military uniform for the North or South and they bring you a whole chicken, soup, bread, barbeque, corn, potatoes and an apple turn over. And you eat everything with your hands and you drink out of Mason jars. It was great. Our waiter's name was Nathan and he was SO cute. We all were like drooling over him lol. And when we walked in he took us too our row and I was wearing my Ron Jon shirt and he goes hey, is that the Ron Jon in Coacoa beach in Flordia? And I go yeah! Well then they bring each food out one at a time to you and the whole time this is going on, this main guy on a horse is talking in the center of the arena and then the waiters and waitresses actually perform in between serving. It was crazy. Megan was like Hey thats our waiter! lol. And then when they were playing the games, Ebonee, Chelsea, Trent and Braden were brought out in front of the 200+ people there to play a game and we all stood up and started screaming. It was great. They had to ride a fake pony around and see who could do it the fastest cause they were playing against some older people. Well they won and they got medals, and then Braden and Trent took a victory lap around the arena after they'd won, it was great. And then our bus driver was in one of the competitions! Bo Diddley! We all were screaming, thats our bus driver! bus driver # 3 rules! lol it was the funniest thing. And then at the end they played one last game where everyone was involved and u had to pass the baton to the person next to you, but you had to stand and salute, but the North wasn't doing that, we were throwing it across lol, so we won.

Ok remember that picture I was telling you about? Well a woman came by and showed us the pictures with the cover and all and it was 22$ for 3 sets of those pics, so 3 people would get one. And everyone was like ok everyone were gonna split our money up, and I was like ok wait excuse me, why would I give yall money when i don't even want one? So basically I paid for everyone's picture when it comes right down to it. I had a 20$ bill and Christin had so much and I didn't get a picture. Why did I pay again? So now Christin owes me 20$. Ok heres the thing, my parents gave me 100$ for the trip cause I and they know that park crap is expensive and they give us crap to eat on, so they wanted me to use like 20-40$ on food alone, so I could get like water or something, which I did. But then I lent Megan W some money cause she didnt bring any extra, which is completely understandable cause the trip was ALL paid for. All of our meals were paid for, thats why we paid extra money early cause it was our food money. So in all I think I let Megan borrow like 5$ which was fine with me. But it kinda bothers me that people think I have all this money and wanna mooch off me. Ya know what I mean? It's like yeah I know I have extra money, don't come ask me for some cause thats rude. I AM NOT POINTING THAT TOWARDS MEGAN. I didnt mind giving her money cause it was for food, but other people think that its cool to come and get money from me, when in reality they should have there own. Sorry that really pist me off at the Stampede about the picture thing.


And then when it was over and we were leaving, me and Christin took a picture with the waiter! Christin was like can we get a picture with you? And he said sure, but not w/o my hat on first lol. And he came and put his arm around my waist! I hope thats a good picture. And then we left and sang songs the whole way home with the 6th graders. Ok I have to say, we all did not in anyway wanna be with the 6th grade, but those kids are awesome man. They have an odd idea of whats cool, but there great lol. So then we all couldnt talk when we got back. And then I was in the bathroom, and I look outside and there having a devotion outside some of the guy's rooms singing at 12 at night. Ok no offense, but what is with the Church of Christ's having devotions at 3 in the morning? I mean it's just as meaningful and good when you have them at 3 in the afternoon, but then your not falling over from sleep depravation. It reminded me of Winterfest, cause it was 3 am and we werent in bed yet cause were still singing. Not fun. But I wasnt there cause I was in the bathroom. So I didnt go. And then we finally go to bed and we go back to Fridays for breakfast the next day and we have church and then we go home, and we didnt leave at 10 like we were suppose to and we didnt get back at 12:30, it was like 1:15 or so. And by that time i'm just as sick as I was before I ever got any medicine in me at all. So thats why im home today. I left school early cause I feel like crap. My ear had popped and I was getting better, but the trip ruined me just like every other trip does. So now I cant hear out of my ear and I blow my nose every 30 minutes and im not joking about the nose thing. So, I'm going back to the doctor this week I think. And then last week when we were there he said he wanted to schedule an appointment with me to see my tonsills when I wasnt sick, which is next monday, and now i dont know if i'll be sick or not. Were getting these tonsills taken out when school is over. There massive in size, and he thinks thats one reason why my head always hurts cause my eyes dont water and i dont sneeze and all, its just my head. So that should be fun, and i just took a 2 hour nap, so i will let you stop reading now cause ive been typing for a long time. Bye guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment