Thursday, May 22, 2003

Birthday!

It's my 16th birthday! yay!!! I had a great day! Well let me tell u about the bad part first.

So yesterday I went to the special doctor for my tonsills and he said they were massive (which I knew) and I am having surgery June 5th! 2 weeks from today! And im the first surgeony that day so I have to be there at 6:15 bright and early. Yay. But anyway I talked so much yesterday at the doctors office to my dad, i was bothering him and this morning was my punishment. Well anyway we go home and my throat hurts worse (i have a sore throat, a throat infection i think). And i mean it hurt so bad it hurt to talk or open my mouth or move my tongue or anything. So then my head starts to hurt too. So it's making me sick and im tired so i run to bed as fast as I can. So im lying there and eventually I go to sleep. And that was at 9:30 and i woke up at 12:05 or so and my head is about to explode and my throat is on fire. So I lay there a bit and finally I get up and take some medicine and then I lay back down and im about to be sick. So I get up and im crying now cause I just want my head to stop hurting SO bad. So I go to the bathroom and sit there in front of the toilet for a few mins and I start coughing. And I gagged some and then I threw up twice. And then I start yelling for my mom and my dad comes in there, which is really weird cause my mom always comes but she didnt hear me. So my dad helps me back to bed and he sits next to my bed for like 10 mins or so and he gets me a wet rag (it always helps the head) and then he goes and gets me some water which helped my throat and he thought I should take some more tylenol and I was like no i already took 2 like 20 mins ago, but i didnt know if i threw it up or not. So he says he's gonna get me one and he did. So the entire time i keep asking if u can go to the hospital and get a shot to make a headache go away and i was like can we go? and he was like cortney u cant get a shot and i was like crap im gonna die. And i had just thought, its my birthday and i go, it's my birthday in my nonemotion voice and he goes Happy Birthday with a laugh and i smiled lol. So then I told him to go back to bed and he did and I layed there a while and i felt better. So i finally fell asleep and then I woke up at like 4 and my headache was gone! The entire time i had it i was praying for God to make it go away and finally when it did i said thank u Lord so many times. U cant count how many times I said it. So then i went back to sleep and woke up with my alarm, dead. I had gotten like 4 hours of sleep. But i felt fine. And all night when i was in pain i though Oh no im gonna be so sick tomorrow and cant go to school on my birthday and im gonna miss my classes and my tests and im gonna fail chemistry cause i missed so much and have to take it over! I think I have like 1 day left in Chem to miss.

But anyway i was fine and i got ready and all and we went to school and I heard a million happy birthdays and Jillian gave me a hug (yay! I felt good after that). And then when Katlyn came to wait on me from Chemistry she started screaming down the halls HAPPY 16TH BIRTHDAY CORTNEY! And I was like Katlyn AHH!!! lol. But anyway it was a good day cause we barely did anything in our classes. And I missed 3rd period cause of Chorus practice for graduation! yay! I missed the insane man! And we didnt take our SP test in english so today was good. But now I know why my throat hurts worse at the end of the day, cause im talking so much and im not kidding. I sang in chorus today and I was in pain by the end. Ahh cant do that anymore. And back to the bday, Meenal gave me the sweetest card ever! It was a regular card that she had written all kinds of quotes on! At first I thought it was a card everyone had signed but she put all kinds of stuff on it. My favorite one was "I hate the Backstreet Boys" - everyone but Cortney HAHA! I got a kick outta that one lol :) And then we went to Sonic for dinner cause I asked since it was my bday lol. Its my fave restaurant. I got my dinner and a sundae! yum! And then after school I drove my car home with the top down! I felt cool lol. it's been a good birthday. yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment