Saturday, October 9, 2004

Homecoming Week - Day 5

Well today was interesting. Full of drama as well. So today was blue and gold day and i wore my gold track pants, and tie dye shirt, which i glued my stars on the back and spelled out BUCS and then i wore my hair in pigtails with ribbon. Well i have to say Danielle and Meenal were by far the funniest and they said they would be all week. They had huge blue and gold wigs and huge shoes and had wild makeup. Meenal wore a gaudy blue sequined dress from good will. It was so funny.

Well anyway, we practically did nothing all day. We watched a movie 2nd, 6th and 7th period. And we played a game in precal and made cards in art. The only real work i did was a test 3rd period and service hours in Bible. So about the drama. Well Mrs. Lane was at school with Avery today and we all ran over to talk to her and i stood there for about 5 minutes or so and I come back to the table and Ashley and Brittany are yelling at each other. Brittany had brought cupcakes and cookie cake for our table and from what i understand, Ashley wanted a cupcake and Brittany, being herself, threw it in her chili on purpose i think. So then Ashley doesnt like her that much anyway and then starts yelling at her and then they got into some big argument. The last thing I heard was Ashley say your so immature and Brittany said some remark. Well by then it was time to go. So me and Brittany are walking back and she starts cussing Ashley like no other to some girl and i didnt wanna hear it at all, so i walk off real fast. I hear her come up behind me, saying Cortney, Cortney and i try to ignore her until she comes up next to me. She was like, why did u walk off? I said i dont particularly wanna hear u cuss my best friend like that and then she gets mad at me! She goes, well i dont see u defending me when im getting chewed out! That shows what kind of friends I have. And storms off. I was kind of in shock like, well i dont have anything to defend you on since i wasnt there when you 2 were arguing. So I go to my locker and then the bathroom. I walk in and shes sitting there crying and Katie Roddy is talking to her. I look at her and just go in the stall and I hear her say, I dont have any friends here, I hate it here. And Katie was just like you know thats not true. And then that was it cause i left. I dont know. I had no idea what happened until Jillian told me Brittany started it, being herself. For some reason she thinks bothering people is funny and she especially likes to do that to Ashley cause she gets mad easily. Ahh i dont know.

Well anyway we went to the pep rally and went wild. They had the whole school in there too. So the seniors were all on the floor screaming and chanting and watching the games they were playing. They were suppose to play the furniture game, so i got excited and me and Christin Walker practiced in government. We were doing pretty good. I thought holding her in my arms would be hard cause my arms are weak and plus my right arm hurts like poo from powder puff, but it wasnt too difficult when i got her to lean on me. But they never played it :(. Instead they had a hula hoop contest and it came down to Tres and a middle schooler, yeah they let middle school play for some reason. But Tres won, haha. We went wild lol. And then they played musical chairs and Brett, Megan W and Robert all played. Well they were all getting nasty and coach Pope was yelling at everyone. Well all the seniors got out and at the end it was the freshmen and Juniors. Its been a brawl between seniors and juniors all week, so all the seniors started cheering for the freshman lol. Well they cheered for us during the volleyball game anyway. But the juniors won, poo poo. But we won the spirit stick obviously. So then i run out to meet my mom to get home asap.

So we stop at subway, i eat most of that on the way home and then i run in and take a shower. I have an hour and a half to get ready. I wash, wrap my hair up in a towel and let it dry for about 10 minutes while i scarf down my sandwich. I dry my hair and started sweating cause the bathroom was so hot. So when thats finally i dry i put on my hose and tank top i was wearing under my suit jacket. I curl my bangs and then start putting on my makeup. So then i was saying at school that there was no reason for me to curl my hair b/c it would be straight by the time i got there, so Morgan told me to put them in and wear them a while and take them out at school. So i did that. I put them in and wore them for about 30-45 minutes. So we left at like 5 till 5 and i thought we would get there too early, so i decided to take my curlers out there. I took them out and my hair looked beautiful. Curls just at the bottom. It held pretty good, or so i thought. So i get there and im one of the last people. I get my massive flower and have it pinned on. Then after talking, we line up. And surprisingly, Joseph was cordial to me all night. I thought he would have a grudge against me and Katie and not talk to us. But he was great. He was cracking jokes the whole time. He kept throwing awful lines to me all night. He was like, yeah i'd rather walk with you over Katie anyway cause your prettier and when Callie was going through the trellis, i was like theres our queen and he goes, your my queen lol. I just laughed at him. So when were up there waiting to go, i had to tell him when to walk and what side to go to cause he switched positions. After we were in line we stood there and talked the whole time lol. I'm glad i got to walk with him.

Oh yeah Callie did win, like we all knew. Oh and my mom went picture happy. I had 15 pic left for the night and i told her to take 2, 1 of me under the trellis and one when i was on the line. I come back and she's taken 6 or 7! I had 6 pictures left! I told her that and she started yelling at me! Well then i got a picture with Joseph and with everyone else known to man. And then i walk all the way to the kindergarten to change and I run into Casey on the way there and i got a picture with her later. But instead of walking all the way to the kindergarten, to the gym and then back and then back again, i changed in the van somehow. Well im sweating the whole time and then the guy parking people on that end kept 'casually' looking over in my direction or directly at our van. Sicko. So i wore my sweater and had a jacket, which i thought would be way too much cause i was sweating already, but by the second half of the game i wore both cause it got cool. But the seniors had to sit on the bank, i knew we would. I think thats ridiculous. The most important people there at the game and we have nowhere to sit. If parents werent sitting in the student section, the underclassmen were.

The game was pretty good for the first half. It was 14 to 14 at half time i think. Well then our awesome second half team came out and kicked some a**. The final was 42 to 21. They were blue and gold too! But anyway Tiffany came and sat by me for a while and we started talking about the guys in the grade and we got on the topic of Seth. So i was telling her how beautiful he is and that i got molested by him at pp and she about laughed her head off. Cause i was saying that he was 'fine' and 'beautiful' and she was like Cortney, ive never heard u talk about boys like that before lol. And then me, dani, brittany and tiff were going to steak and shake but then on the way there i changed my mind and went home cause i was so tired. I didnt feel it till i was almost there. So i dont know who else went. It was a great homecoming. I thought i would cry too but i didnt, so thats good.

GO SENIORS! GO BUCS!