Saturday, December 7, 2002

We lost state...

We lost State. But I have to admit that was the best game ALL year. I thought we would get killed since the other team got to the 50 yard line on the first play of the game! Then they scored. We couldn't catch the passes, or we would catch them and then drop them. It was a tough game. We had blue and gold day at school and i wore my blue pants i bought for the game (which i didnt wear) and when I walked in everyone goes Cortney! Ure outta dress code! Ure suppose to wear regular pants!! No one said anything to me, but I thought Mrs Jones would have a coniption fit about them and make me change, even though it was my last class. But she didnt even notice!!! WOO! lol. But during PE we got to wave the players goodbye, well the whole school did actually lol. They got there and me and Katlyn were freaking out, well she was cause the players were right outside the gym. But anyway Robby was gonna try and find his jersey for me to wear and give it to me on friday. Well i'm walking to Bible and I see his jersey, on Patrick's back! AAAHHH! I wanted to scream! And I saw Meredith wearing his other one at the game..... But anyway Matt Haynes' mom took me home and I got home like at 12:20 or so and I ran upstairs and took the fastest shower of my life lol. I was just gonna wash my face and put my make up on cause Megan G braided my hair and I was gonna wear it like that to the game, but all the fly aways came out, so I took it down.

So I hurry and I have to blow dry my hair, which I NEVER do. I always let it air dry, so I was getting impatient since it wasnt drying lol. But I was suppose to be at her house at 1 or a little after, and I got downstairs and had to eat lunch, and by that time is was 1:05. So I enhailed my Krystals and we left and we got there at like 1:15. But that was ok cause we didnt leave their house for 10 mins. Chris Param's mom rode with me too! She's SO nice! But it was her, me, Patty, Don, Tanner, and Shauna (Matt's cousin). Well then we made a few stops so we didnt really get going till 2. So we got off the ramp to go to the college and thats where all the traffic was. But we followed Josh Mcalpine's dad and he knew a shortcut, so that helped alot. So we get there and pretty much run to the stadium cause it was 4:15 our time. So I called Christin and she said she was in the student section and was saving me a seat.

So I get there and Allison is behind me with one of those round things u yell threw, I forgot what it's called lol. But she was LOUD. WOW that girl has a mouth on her lol. We had shakers too and my dad said we were really loud on tv lol. But then me and Christin went down to the little walkway and stood there for a while and then the band played to the other side so she walked over there and watched and I sat there looking stupid for a while lol. But then we went and sat near the band like in the 3rd quarter. And then by that time it was 20 to 13.

So we finally started playing like we knew what we were doing. And we had like 2 mins left in the game and we scored! WOO!!!!! And we got the extra point so it was tied. And then we went into overtime.... We both got 4 downs to try and score and of course CPA scored on their first down, 26 to 20. So ya know we get 4 chances and on the 4th try William almost caught it but it was an interception! We got 4 more downs!!!!! But at that 4th down Christin started bawling. Omgosh I felt so bad for her. And then the CPA players already took their helmets off and were holding them up like they'd won. But then we got our 4 extra downs and we didn't score. So Christin is crying the entire time, and we kinda stood there for a few minutes. I felt so bad for her. But ya know, during that whole scoring/tying stuff, I peed on myself 3 times lol. From screaming and jumping up and down I peed on myself lol.

But anyway we leave and i'm walking to the parking lot and Christin is going that way too and she walks with me. And then we go and we go eat at Cracker Barrel. Everyone and their brother was there from BBS. EVERYONE. We get there and see Erin Campbell and her family, a freshmen, some other familys I didnt know but they were wearing BBS stuff, Mrs Roland and her family and Brittany M went with her so we talked most of dinner cause she was across from me at the other table, Kimi's family, and Christin was there!! She called me on my phone and goes hey where are u? And I go Cracker Barrel and I turn around and her mom is standing there! And she was around the corner lol. That was a little odd since she was there and we didn't tell each other lol. And so we ate and we left and I got home a little after 12 and I got in bed at 12:30.

That was a tough game man. My dad read us some articles from the paper about Will and they were good but sad. One was like he made himself not cry for a while and then when they started playing We Are The Champions he started sobbing, I felt so bad. But at the end of the game I saw alot of our players on the ground pretty much crying i'm guessing and Alex Jones was one of em and I saw 2 CPA players over there talking to him and helping him. I thought that was great. At least there not stuck up players and didn't rub it in their faces. I haven't written an entry this long in a long time lol. Ya know the seniors went to Disney World after the game last night?? Hopefully it'll cheer the players up. I think i'm going Christmas shopping today too. My mom and dad were suppose to go to Gatlinburg this weekend for their anniversary but I'm sick and I gave it to my mom, but she got it ALOT worse than me so she was too sick to go so there going this coming weekend. Well i'm outta stuff to talk about, for now lol. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment