Sunday, July 30, 2006

Wild trip

Woah have I had a wild weekend or what? So me, Sally and sarah went on a road trip to Nashville on friday. There was a concert for some Christian artist there at a baseball game we were gonna go see. So we leave at like 9 friday morning and head to Opry Mills mall!! The best ever! Oh yeah by the way, I drove and we took my car. First long trip, did fine though. So we go to Opry Mills and eat lunch at TGIF with Sally's sister who was great! She was like me made over haha it was so funny. She loves Elvis and pink too!!! Sally and Sarah dont like to shop and hate pink, girly stuff. So yeah we went around the mall after that and I somehow made my way into all the girly clothing shops, Charlotte Russe, Rue 21, yada yada. There were some others I wanted to go in too but they didnt wanna go in so I didnt push for it.

So after the mall we went to Sallys house. And we stayed there for a few hours and then we left and got some food before hte game. Well by the time we got to the game, it was pouring. And we got in line and we were like, its not gonna stop and we dont wanna sit in it. Well we left and didnt know if it was gonna go on or not but we went to the movies. We went and saw John Tucker Must Die, haha that was probably the highlight of the whole trip. It was so funny. I recommend it to all lol. So yeah when we got out it was like 7:30 and we were like what should we do?

So Sarah just randomly thought, well since we have alot of time, why dont we drive to Knoxville tonight? We were planning on driving to Knoxville for a wedding for a couple in our sunday school class. So yeah we got excited and decided to do it and find a hotel room. So once we get back to Sallys house and after a bunch of "i dont care what we dos" and arguing, we finally agreed to go on the condition that I pay for sallys part of the hotel room cause she couldnt afford it, which i was fine with cause i offered. So yeah we head out and everything is fine. It was like 9:30, 8:30 Nashville time, but Knoxville is Chatt time, so we lost an hour already. So we knew we wouldnt get there till like 1 or so cause we had to get gas. Well lets just say about 20 mins into the trip it started POURING again. It was HORRIBLE. I mean i couldnt not ask for worse weather conditions than we had. The interstate was soaked, which caused the lights to reflect off the road, the water would splash up on the car, and the fog and the semis. The semis' water off their wheels was like a wave. I was so scared. And then my eyes were burning cause they were tired already. And it was night and I had absolutely no idea where we were going. Sarah and sally did though. And I couldnt drive as fast as I wanted to cause of the weather and roads so I think it took us longer. But the rain eventually stopped so I had a good hour for the whole trip of decent weather. So we found a Best Western to check into and it was like 1:30 i think by the time we got in the room with all our stuff. So we checked out at 11, and had to find where the wedding was, that was an adventure. And I was already ready to go home.

So after it was all over i think we got home about 6:30. Lets just say I wont go on another trip with Sarah or Sally alone or just with them.