Tuesday, July 4, 2006

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th everybody! Im listening to the fireworks outside my window now. Ahh my favorite holiday at last.

A bunch of us from church went to collegedale last night and saw the fireworks and listened to the east tennessee symphony orchestra play. It was so great! We met at Rafaels restaurant and got pizza and then walked over to the Veterans Park and laid out blankets and played cards. We were there like 4 hours before anything happened lol. Got eaten by bugs, sweated alot. Fun times i must say. The fireworks were great though, minus the street light that was directly in the middle of the show. That was poo and so was the fabulous traffic at the end of the night. I got lucky and Lucas let me back out so I could sit in traffic a while lol. Who thinks 24 is too old for a 19 year old lol? Just a thought.

So I went over to the Hall's house on sunday night after dinner to watch The End of The Spear with everyone from church. Good times. I'm glad I went. I've made lots of new friends since Montana and have hung out with church people all week and last week. Its fabulous I must say. Me and Sally, Brittany, Sarah and Brian all went to Chik Fil A and to see Bench warmers at the 2.50 a week ago and then we went and played cards at church. And then me, sally, sarah, brittany, brian, jonathan and 2 other girls i didnt know went over to Tylers apartment and played cards lol. And then a butt load of us went to see fireworks obviously, and then today Blaine had a bbq at his house in Mill Run and i couldnt eat cause my family came over for our own bbq, but i went and swam.

Haha it was so funny though cause we all sat after we ate and watched the Nathans Hot Dog Eating Contest and the top 2 guys were obvioulsy Kobiyashi who wins every year and Joey Chestnut the American!!! Yes joey CHESTNUT!!! We all almost lost it when we saw that!!! What killed us though was that he was ahead by 1 or 2 the whole time until the end and he lost by 2 hot dogs. It was so sad. We were screaming at the tv cause someone was actually beating Kobiyashi but he was Joey Chestnut of all people too lol. Craziness i say. Its a Montana camp thing lol.

Ahh gotta work tomorrow 8-12, my usual, but i gotta work thursday and friday for a teacher from 7:30-4:30, not excited. LONG days. Ive only worked one of those long days before and now i have 2 back to back. I know the paycheck will be worth it.