Friday, February 10, 2006

My days are full as poo

I am so wiped. Ive had so much to do lately and more to come. So next week let me just tell u what i have to do:

Monday - test in educ 201
Tuesday - test in Heco 240 and paper due in West Human.
Wednesday - Paper due in english and test in Theater and speech

Oh yeah and I had a paper due in english this past wednesday and a paper due today in educ 201. SO MANY F ING PAPERS!!!! And on top of everything I have to read 3 books at a time and go tudor 2 days a week which doesnt sound bad but rushing over there immediately after class is tough. Plus yelling at 11 year olds takes a toll on u lol. So lets talk about my 2nd day of tutoring.

So on tuesday I had told them id bring them some jolly ranchers cause thats what they wanted. So i found the jolly rancher suckers. A whole bag full for 5 kids. So I dont tutor till 230 and they get out of class at 215. So i went a little early to talk to the secretary i never met on tuesday and after i met her it was about 2:20 or so and Im walking to the class and all the sudden i see all the kids like running towards me lol. I was like wow yall are already here? So anyway they immediately pounced on me about candy and i was like yes i brought it but your not getting it till were done with homework. I heard some groans from that lol.

So the homework they had was a worksheet of 8 problems on proportions. It was pretty easy. It was just word problems to set up and solve. So the plan was to go in and have them sit down and be quiet and tell them some rules or so like were gonna take turns writing on the board and ya da yada. That didnt work. I didnt really ever have a chance to tell them that. I know that sounds odd cause I yell ALOT usually and the kids listen, but here they just talk non stop to each other and to me all that the same time. Im helping one student and then I have another one yelling at me about something and then 2 others are arguing. Its insane. So I had planned on printing out some worksheets for them to do once they got done with homework. Well on the website it never printed the worksheets but it printed the answer sheet. Oh well I ran out of time so I hand wrote each page for them. Yes it took about 15 mins. Well i never got to use them.

Lets just put this into perspective. It took an hour and 10 mins to do 8 math problems. I kid u not. Thats how hard it is to manage these kids. But anyway Im using the candy as a bribe lol. I kept saying, if u dont finish your homework, no candy. So that makes them shut up and work. So anyway we finally finished and I had planned on giving them 1 or 2 suckers and then saving the extra for next time, well that didnt work and i gave them all 3 each and had 2 left. So i told them id give them a math problem and whoever got it right would get them. Well they groaned and said i cant do math lol. So i made it multiple choice for them. Well it was 6/8 and i just wanted them to reduce it. Well obviously its 1/2 but i had like 2/3 and 5/8 and 6/8 as choices. For some reason almost all of them chose 6/8!!!! Thats the problem itself lol. So once they all told me there answers I said no one is right and they fell in the floor like screaming ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!! It was HILARIOUS. Omgosh u had to be there. So once i said that they all changed their answers and one girl got it right and then the other 2 girls got mad cause she got extra suckers. Crazy i say. So next time im bringing them brownies and ill make sure everyone gets the same amount.

Oh yeah I can actually read other peoples journals now. LJ wouldnt let me for some reason for a while.