Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Thailand Day 5: Sa Yan Sa Was

Today was good. Christin originally had to be school until 5:15pm! Ugh. But, as it turns out, she didn't have after school duty or something like that. So I got to roll in to BCC at 3pm. Earliest yet! Jed (#7 haha) flagged me down and took me to school again and he didn't even ask this time where to go, he just took me haha. So I sat and waited for Christin to come get me and I loved marveling at all of the boys in their uniforms and their socks pulled up so high on their legs. Good times. I guess it doesn't matter there since everyone looks the exact same. That's a good thing right?

So Christin got me some mango and sticky rice! Yummmmm! It came with coconut milk to pour over the top and it was awesome. I see why she ate her weight in it last time she was here. She took me to her office area which was quite fun to see. I wasn't expecting the layout at all. Long rows of desks all together with individual areas for each teacher. Quite cute I must say. I got to meet Christin's Hawaiian friend, whose name I can't pronounce. But she gave me a hug and was the nicest person ever! I wasn't expecting all of the affection but it sure was nice even if she was a stranger. Camille and Stacie had desks over there too so I sat and talked with them for a while. Then they invited me to go to the salon to get hair and nails done. Teacher Knock sp? was taking them over by her house so I went with them and let Christin go tutor. Well, it took forever to get there because of traffic and then the salon was tiny with 4 girls working, 1 of which only did nails. Thank goodness I wasn't getting a pedicure. I just got mine painted. They look awesome too! My hair was another story. It looked really pretty but I feel like I lost half of my hair from the process. She washed it and scrubbed my head so hard it was horribly tangled when I sat down to get it worked on. Well she started combing through it and then quit. She instead started brushing it with a round brush and drying it that way since I was getting it curled. It took a while but it looked beautiful when it was done. I felt like a million bucks. I've never gotten my hair done before just because. I didn't have any special occasion obviously. It sure was nice though :)

Afterward, Teacher Knock took us to her house and we had dinner with her and her husband. They are the sweetest people ever. I absolutely love that her husband doesn't speak a word of english but he will sit and have a full conversation with you and you'll understand what he's saying. So fun. We found out he LOVES cowboy stuff too. How ironic is that? Belt buckles, cowboy hats, country music. You name it. So Teacher Knock called us a taxi and we all left. She explained to the driver to take the student teachers to BTS and then take me to TIT Tower. So all was well and then the taxi driver got lost. Ha. He pulled over and asked someone where to go. We were on the right road, we just hadn't gone far enough yet. It was kinda funny and nerve wracking all at the same time. But I got back okay. That's all that matters.

Ohhh and FYI randomness. I was talking to Camille about Matt, just in passing and her and Stacie both tried to convince me to not pursue that. I was kinda shocked honestly. They proceeded to tell me how nice and great of a guy he is, but that he's lazy and I could do WAY better. Well I wasn't really gonna take their word for it but all 3 of the girls were kinda adamant about it, so I guess I will. Plus, Camille said she has a friend from Cleveland she wants to set me up with who she thinks would be perfect for me. He's cute and a big guy, kinda like Adam. She said he dates a lot of girls like me. So she's gonna set something up and we'll see how it goes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment