Monday, September 13, 2010

Thailand Day 3: Yai Puan

So today was much less exciting than the past two have been. Christin had to go back to the real world and go to work. Work sucks. It's ruins my fun. Boo. Oh well. So basically I sat in her apartment most of the day. It actually went by pretty quickly though. I was pleasantly surprised.

I walked over to the 7/11 and got some coffee. Came back and called mom and dad. They were thrilled. Did some homework and went to the gym. Even though it's nice to have a gym here, it was comical I must say. I tried to use the treadmill and it didn't work. I found out later from Christin that it required 10 baht to work. Shut up. So I used the bike for about 30 minutes. The weight machines were all inclusive and were somewhat difficult to use. So my workout consisted of cardio and a few bicep curls. Oh well. Better than nothing right? Anyway, it's set up real pretty with glass windows and doors all around so it makes you feel like you're outside. Well, the doors were open too, so that made it 80000 degrees inside. Not that I don't in general, but I sweated like a pig. I was literally drenched. I'm sure people walking by were laughing. But afterwards, I walked outside to look and there was the glorious pool! So nice! I'm gonna have to try that out when Aunt Flo takes a hike soon. It sucks to be a girl.

Well when I came back to her apartment, I decided I'd be a great friend and clean her bathroom for her. Well I cleaned most of it but then started feeling horribly sick. So I almost finished it. I think bending over the tub is what finished me off. I drank some water and tried to eat some pizza. Bad choice. I spit it out. So instead I ate some cheez-its and took a shower and took a nap. I felt much better after that. I think not eating consistent meals is making me dizzy. I don't know how Christin eats a cookie a day. Oh well. I felt much better once I ate some more.

So I got ready and had to meet Christin at school. Ah! On my own in Thailand! I had to find a motorbike person, tell them where I wanted to go and not get screwed out of my money in the meantime. I'm not gonna lie, that's the most nerve wracking thing I've done thus far here. Well I walk out and see a bunch of guys sitting there. No one even approached me for some reason. So I approached them. I had a piece of paper of where to go and how much money. He kinda looked at me. He obviously didn't speak english. He handed it to another guy and he knew where to go and said 40 baht? And I said a definite yes. So I hiked my dress up and we went. No side saddle for me. He didn't bother giving me his extra helmet though which I found quite odd. But I made it there in one piece, paid 40 baht and found Christin. SUCCESS! So I have to do it again tomorrow. Hope it goes as well. I hope I can find Christin's Thai mama or Jed. Haha. That name cracks me up. They're super nice.

Oh, so I met Christin and David. It's nice to finally meet all of these people she talks about. He's from England. We went to Paragon! Crazy place I must say. It was full of lots of tourists too like Christin said. We ate the infamous cowmanguy for dinner. It was quite good, especially the soup. Yum. Then, we met Joey and went to the phone place. Then on to MBK, an indoor mall market thing. It was great! It was huge too. I got a beautiful scarf (that I didn't need at all considering I have like 4 blue scarves) for $2! I'd pay like 15 or 20$ at home for that. I also got a really pretty silk/satin Thai maxi dress. It will barely cover my boobs, but it was cute and it fits. It was cheap, like everything else is here. The baht is my friend. Oh, funny story I have to laugh about or i'll cry instead. We saw those pretty dresses that Christin bought me before but didn't fit. Well the one I picked up the woman motioned it would be too small because my boobs are too big. Yay. She pointed over to the dresses that were bigger, and more expensive for me. Yay. It's nice to be called fat twice here. I need to start keeping a tally. It looks like it's gonna be an ongoing thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment