Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Thailand Day 4: Yin Dee Ton Rab



Today was good. I always get excited to sit and relive all that's happened while on this trip but then I realize most of the excitement has already happened since we did all of the major things this past weekend. I'm fine with that, I kind of knew that coming in to all of this. I'm glad I got to do it period, regardless of when.

So, today I went and met Christin at school around 4pm. I had to go get a motor bike alone again but today was good because Jed and the Thai Mama were there waving me over haha. They were funny and super nice. We didn't die and I got there in one piece, dry. That was a major thing. Jed slowed down at each puddle which was nice of him. So I sat and waited for Christin on a little bench and got to stare at all of the Thai kids running wild. Woah. That place is crazy with 6,000 kids. That's still unbelievable to me. I saw all sizes and ages. The uniforms of all Thai students everywhere makes me laugh. I guess they don't ever get to wear what they want like some schools do back home? I see that in a lot of foreign countries actually. Maybe that's why they're grades are better, they take it more seriously than we do. Oh well. Not worrying about it.

Anyway, Christin showed up and Tiffany, Stefanie and Camille were there too. I found out they were coming with us! Yay! They're super fun. Then they called Matt and he joined us as well :) We went to a mall of some sort that I can't remember the name of to eat. I had noodles and pork dumplings. Quite good, minus the noodles, which made me sad. They were kind of fishy tasting. Matt suggested I get them, but forgot to mention that they're cold. Ah. But oh well. I'm glad I tried it. We ended up going to get Christin's iphone fixed again and went to see waiing Ronald McDonald! Ah! Success! I was quite thrilled with it. Something so American that has been made Asian. I love it. So we had a photo op there and went to a nice coffee shop to grade papers.


It ended up being more of a heart to heart about boys than grading actually. Love those. It was good. Afterwards, Christin took me to the Red Light District. That's quite the place let me tell you. She informed me about the ping pong shows. I don't want to ever see that. All of those poor girls though just waiting for some guy or girl for that matter, to come along. A lot of it I just can't imagine. That's how people live. They do they for their families or are forced to work that way. It definitely makes me thank God for not having to do that. Praise Jesus again.


We headed back after that and I was quite proud. I stayed up til 10:45. That's the latest I've been up all week. Yay! By the time I get accustomed to it I'll be heading back home. Bleh.

No comments:

Post a Comment