Thursday, January 26, 2006

So today I had my longest day ive had all year. And now that i think about it, its shorter than elementary-highschool but since i havent gone 8-3 since may its kinda hard. Today is usually my day to sleep, but i had my first lab for heco 240 that i was dreading. Its 2 hours at the utc children's center down next to utc place. So it wasnt until 830 so i left at 730 and got stopped forever away from my exit onto 153 cause traffic was horrible. I was creeping for like half a mile. Apparently one light stayed green a LONG time and the next one after it never changed from red very often. So i was on Amnicola and then i got in that traffic which im never in cause im too early for it mwf and on tt im usually too late, but not today. So i finally get through that and then the lane i turn into to get to my lot was blocked off!!!!! I was so pist already.

But i got to my lab early and there were 2 girls there already and i talked to them and one was from memphis and we talked about Elvis and all lol. It was actually nice to talk to some people about education and being teachers though. Its good to know someone knows what im talking about. But we get a child to observe for the lab and i had already heard from a friend that works there that my child was the devil. Well that was not the case at all. She was very sweet. She just didnt like new people. But shes a little Asian girl. And immediately when i walked in there was this little boy who didnt even know me and ran over and wanted me to hold him. It all reminded me of being at St Johns again. But I was in the young toddler room which is 12-24 months so there full of energy lol. So the 2 hours actually flew by and then when we met again before leaving I asked the woman in charge about subbing there. They have subs that are like child workers or whatever and they call them to work when they need them, which is several times a week actually. Just whenever u can work around your classes. So u have to fill out this massive packet of info before u turn it in. I have to get my finger prints taken this monday and a TB test. I have all kinds of crap to do. I also have to volunteer there 4 hours before i actually work but since im in the heco 240 class its only 2 which is good. But i think i put down i can work about 2 or 3 hours a day. Perfect amount for me to get some money and still have time for school. And there open on all holidays and summer except for xmas break. So hopefully ill have a job during the summer too.

Oh yeah im so tired because after the 2 hour lab i had to go to my 2 long classes that bore the poo out of me. I wanted to skip my last one but all my classes are affected by attendance so i cant skip this semester unless its absolutely necessary. poo. i need sleep.