Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Accutane - Week 3

So I am very happy to say that week 3 seems to be better so far! I wouldn't have said that this past weekend, but today, I'd say so! My week was good. The crazy bumps and orange textured skin is still around, but I didn't think it would really go away until I'm off of the medicine completely. I usually break out mostly around my chin, nose and mouth. Well, I got a little scared that I was going to have a terrible IB (initial breakout) period because all of these semi-huge white bumps started coming up around my mouth area. I just knew my face was going to explode sooner or later. Well, I got some more zits, one big one, but none of them came from those large bumps which is funny. I have had a lot of people tell me that your skin is different and your zits are different. That's truly the best way to describe them even though that's not very detailed or specific when I know I wanted every detail possible when I was searching for answers. But, I haven't gotten any zits in the areas that were always clear (forehead). I have gotten a few zits around my chin and mouth like always, but they are small with white heads, but the white heads never fully develop like before. Then the zits don't hurt and they dry up very quickly. I had a few that were noticeable this past weekend like I said and I wanted to hide from people, but my friends kept telling me I was insane and insane for being on Accutane anyway. I've noticed everything looks much better today though for some reason. My friend told me the upper part of my face looks like baby's skin which was great to hear! I do admit, not being oily is fabulous. I'm loving it. I was so used to being a grease pit. If my hands were ever dry, I'd just dab my face and use the oil from it. My hands were dry no more. Gross, I know, but reality. Now, I'm dry all of the time and have no excess oil to wipe away. Therefore, my skin looks great since it's not so freakin shiny all day! I'm not used to being matte all of the time! It's also nice to have clean hair after a day of not washing! I could get used to this! That kind of happened all at once too. I noticed it one day. I woke up and wondered why my hair was so clean looking. Some more side effects this week have included: dry scalp and face (duh), nose bleeds and dry nose, possible yeast infection (AGAIN!), headaches. Now, I have a sinus infection and I'm not sure how much that has effected my Accutane symptoms. But I do know that I've blown my nose about 100 times and it's super dry on the inside and out, so I know that symptom is enhanced. I also had bloody boogers and dry nose before I was sick. But today I had a little bit of a nose bleed. I'm on my period too so that has been an issue with knowing about an oncoming yeast infection. And I have a very low tolerance for caffeine, and I had some today, and on top of being sick, I'm not sure how that's effecting my headaches. I haven't been moody yet though and most importantly, I haven't seen any blood when going to the bathroom number 2. That's a huge praise. I pray that it wasn't anything to begin with and that I am fine. That's about all of the craziness I can think about right now. Hopefully the craziness will stay away from me. I've been praying for it too! Let's hope I'll have more good news next week! I also head to the dermatologist for my first month of blood work. I pray that goes well for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment