Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Accutane - Start of Month 2

So I have officially been on Accutane for one whole month. Today starts my second pack of pills. Yay! One month down, four to go. I hate to say it, but my skin has broken out more this passed week :( It was looking so good a week ago and I thought I would just go straight into clear skin. Not so. I had quite a few zits this week. Mostly around my mouth area. My cheeks and forehead remained clear though. But I have noticed that there may be a lot of zits, but they're small and go away quickly. So I don't have to stare at them for days on end, which is nice. No new side effects really. I've read on some message board that people get some eczema in small patches in odd areas. I think this is beginning to happen to me on my elbow. The skin feels bumpy and there looks to be some red bumps. Probably not noticeable to a random person, but I can feel it. That's the least of my concerns though. My lips seemed to get worse, but better in recent days. The sides of my lips cracked and have hurt like hell. The only relief I have gotten is using Clinique's All About Lips treatment. It has made them not throb like they have been. It's a white paste that dries clear. It has helped tremendously. I got a sample at Sephora and am going to buy some. I also have been using Eucerin Aquaphor. It's been good for constant reapplication, but it doesn't really help with the pain. I also got two samples of Clinique's Super Moisture lotion and Super Moisture Intense. They're okay so far. The Intense one smells bad for some reason. But I can't see them working any better than the Ponds dry skin cream I've been using at night. So there's not much new this week! That's good and bad lol. Hopefully I'll be clearer next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment