Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Accutane - Week 2

Well, I don't have much good news to report for week 2, because I wasn't taking Accutane this passed week. I had some small, but somewhat serious side effects. I think I bled a little from my colon. Just a little pink, but I'm not sure and got a little scared. The doctor said to stop taking it for a week. The side effects had stopped the day she told me that but I followed orders any way. So, today, they told me I could restart it. If any side effects happened, I had to stop taking it all together which would really suck. But I'm optimistic! Oh, I also got a yeast infection from taking it :( I'm not sure if it was just from Accutane, because it could have been a number of factors, but I'm assuming that's it. That's surely gonna suck if I get them a lot while being on this medicine. Anyway, referring to my post last week about the skin texture issue, I did do some research. From what I know, and what my doctor told me, I believe the Accutane is pushing every thing to the surface, which is what it's supposed to do apparently. So that's normal. But after being off of it for a week, my skin's texture has returned to normal, so that's good to know for when I'm finally off of Accutane for good (and hopefully acne free!). So, now I know not to freak out so much when stuff happens. Plus, I go to the doctor in 2 weeks anyway, so I'm glad I'll have 2 weeks under my belt to see how it does and I can get a doctor's report and hopefully my blood work will come back good. But, I will say, my pimples are different even after being on it for one week. I've gotten a few large ones on my chin like I normally do, and they have white heads, but they're very small white heads and never developed like they did before. They actually never fully came up and the zits just stayed big and red which is odd. They've never done that and I didn't put any thing on them either. So who knows. I hope my face doesn't explode soon like I keep thinking it's going to :/

No comments:

Post a Comment