Sunday, June 27, 2010

Trips, engagements, and vampires, oh my!

So after weeks of looking and OCDing, I finally baht (haha) my plane ticket to Thailand yesterday. I must say, I am glad I finally have one so I can't stressing about it. And now that I think about it, I don't know why it was stressful at all to begin with. I guess the idea of spending nearly 1300$ on something kind of got me stressed. That's the largest purchase I've ever made! Hope it helps my credit score. Anyway, I fly from Chattanooga to Atlanta, Atlanta to Minneapolis, Minneapolis to Tokyo, Tokyo to Bangkok. Coming back I do all of that again, but I go to Portland instead of Minneapolis. I have a 6 hour layover in Minneapolis and I found out the Mall of America is 5 minutes away with buses that run to and from. Visit the largest mall I've ever seen: Check. I'm excited now. September will be here before I know it.

Oh, speaking of September, it reminds me of school. I got my graduate assistantship! And not only did I get it, I got it full time instead of part time, meaning ALL of my school is paid for for all of next year. No more tuition to UTC! And I get paid! How is this fair to the school money suckers? It's not, but hey, I'll take it. Oh and I got my professor that I love so much. I'm hoping this will be good. Praise Jesus!

So I finished my math workshop this week. Glad that's officially over. I always dread these things because it's ALL day math, but I end up enjoying them in the end because we have a good time and I have friends there. Well, I didn't hate this year, but it wasn't as fun as previous years even if I did have a fun table. The crazy Nasa man was my favorite. He was wild and on something I'm sure. Who gets THAT jazzed about science, other than Christin Walker?

So I attended an Eclipse party last night that was KILLER! This place was awesome! I saw pictures of the New Moon party they had and was amazed at all they did/had. I'll get some pics from FB soon and post them. All of the food was Twilight themed in some way, they're was a photographer to take your picture with the Jacob and Edward cut outs, black and red everywhere, people dressed up, movies playing, etc. So much fun. I kinda wish I had gone as Jane now. I figured everyone would stare and I didn't know most people, so I didn't wanna look like a fool. But I guess I will know less people Tuesday night and everyone will stare? But we're all fools there, so it won't matter, right? Haha oh well. Anyway, it was a good time. I wore my Team Cullen - Vegetarian Vampire shirt. So fun. I wish I had my Team Edwisle shirt made with the "Who's your daddy" on the back. That would have been fun. Next Twilight party, next time.

Oh, on a lighter note, my friend Leigh Anne asked me if I was talking/seeing anyone last night and I said that was an obvious NO. She told me she had someone she wanted to hook me up with from church :/ I was skeptical but she said he's 22, just graduated from Tech, he's an engineer at TVA now. I saw a picture of him on FB and he's CUTE. He also has massive arms, which got me excited. I'm suppose to go to her house for Farkle night and meet him there. He said he was interested, but we'll see just how interested once he sees me. Bleh. I'm huge. Dad agreed to pay for us to join the gym in Ooltewah, so that's what we're doing next week. I'm kind of excited. I'm not paying for it which is a bonus. Oh and Kerra is now engaged, so I will be in her wedding next June, so I NEED TO LOSE SOME WEIGHT. And I just realized, that means I need to lose it earlier than June because dresses will have to be picked out and ordered. Oh yay. I hope skinny Cortney resurfaces. She hides and reappears every few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment