Sunday, June 4, 2006

Montana is coming

So I realized I havent updated all week which isnt a big deal though cause not much has happened during the week but i thought i'd update anyway.

So I went out with Becca to a movie and dinner on thursday. I wanted to hear all about her prom night too lol. So we saw Xmen which was good and went to Olive Garden, which was the 3rd time ive been there in 2 weeks haha. I cant get sick of that place no matter how hard I try lol.

And then on Friday I went to lunch at Shogun with Lindley!!! We had such a good time!!! She was already cracking up when I got out of the car to meet her lol. She always laughs at what I say, she makes me feel funny when really my sarcasm that I always use when I speak, makes her laugh hysterically lol. Its really not that funny to me lol. But anyway shogun was great, so much food though. I went to Target before that though and bought a dress I didnt need lol. I saw it a week before and wanted to wait and get it with my parents money but I decided to go anyway and im glad I did cause Lindley ended up being late so it was good I had something to do. Its a cute dress too, short sleeved, stretchy, airy, black with little blue polka dots all over it and it looks semi like a wrap dress around my waist/boobs. Kinda got some cleavage there too, gotta watch when I bend over lol.

Oh yeah Christina Aguilera's new song is good, random I know lol.

Oh yeah I had my disaster relief classes this past friday and saturday. Not as much fun as I had expected lol. So I got there on Friday for class from 6:30-9:30 and it went by pretty quick. The only problem was that I was the youngest person there, which I expected though. So I befriended the older couples who sat at my table lol. They were nice. Oh and it was kinda creepy though cause I met a couple who went to Brainerd Baptist and it was odd cause I went to work there this morning in the daycare, i'll get to that in a minute.

So yeah in order to be certified by the Southern Baptist Convention (Tennessee part) I had to go to that intro class on friday and at least 1 class on saturday, well I ended up going to 3 on saturday. So u have to be certified in different classes to work in those areas if u go to help with relief. Well of all things, child care was not offered at my session for some reason which sucks. But its also an 8 hour thing, bleh. But yeah it was alot of information i couldnt take it all in at once lol.

Well I was kinda bummed to find out that YOU have to provide all the funds and transportation for yourself. I kinda figured theyd gather people up from the area and take them all together on a bus or something. But I was kinda confused by it all. Kinda something about u can get in a group with your church and go and u can also contact the North American Mission Board or something and they can send u somewhere specifically to a group. I was and am still confused on that area. Goll they kept talking of stories and all too and they ALL related to Louisiana, of course.

But on saturday I took 1 class called chainsaw, which sounds scary and it kinda was but apparently they need brush pullers once the trees are cut and all, so I would be doing that, too scared to use the chainsaws. Haha one lady was called the 'drag queen' haha cause she drug so much brush.

And then I went to a flood recovery class which was basically what to do with all the mold that appears in houses. It appears in 48 hours and they talked about all that u do, wear, take. Lots of stuff.

And then I took a laundy/shower unit class. Apparently it used by volunteers and victims to wash and shower cause obviously they dont have a place to do those things.

Oh and I found out that if u go on a relief mission, u take all the food your gonna eat and your bedding, down to what u sleep on, not just sheets and all. U gotta take an air mattress or a cot or something. They promise u a place to sleep, not a something to sleep on.

I dont know if im gonna actually go help though cause Im not sure about the whole team thing and I also dont know if i could afford it. All the supplies u need to help, u gotta pay for. SO MUCH MONEY.

And then I go to Montana saturday, nervous about that. But it should be good. The whole idea of camping does not thrill me still and then I gotta teach too, which shouldnt be scary since im gonna be a teacher obviously, but its middle and high schoolers, so its harder. And on top of that its witnessing, which technically ive never done before in this manner. So its all on me. Kinda scary.

I leave saturday and come back the next sunday, 10-18. Pray for me and my trip por favore. I'm sure i'll have a super long entry when I come back.